How to Add a Favicon on Tumblr

I couldn't sleep until I get the best appearance of my Tumblr. I created a new Tumblr account the other day and dedicated my time last night making a new theme

While retouching my theme, I found out that there's no favicon on my new Tumblr. Since I just copied the head area of my theme (from an old theme I made a year ago) and deleted some parts to achieve what I want for my new theme, I overlooked the favicon part. 

Favicon is the tiny image (icon) that is displayed in the address bar of every browser. Favicon is the short for Favorite icon. It is also known as a shortcut iconWeb site icontab icon or bookmark icon.


  • The photo above shows changes on my favicon. The top one doesn't show my favicon because the code in my theme is rel="shortcut icon" href="">.
  • The next one shows a favicon but it uses my avatar. This is the code rel="shortcut icon" href="{Favicon}">. I think this is the default.

To change your favicon, just press Ctrl + F in your html or search for the word shortcut icon or favicon and enter the url (link) of the image after href=".
You can upload the favicon through the theme assests button which you can find in the customization page of your Tumblr.




Then click ADD A FILE then click INSERT, press Update Preview and Save.
You can also upload your ready-made favicon here > www.tumblr.com/themes/upload_static_file then copy the url and paste on the favicon part of your html. You can also upload directly as a new post on your tumblog then save as draft. Copy-paste the url.

You might want to consider checking out this Tumblr Chrome extension, the Archive Poster.
How to Add a Favicon on Tumblr How to Add a Favicon on Tumblr Reviewed by Anonymous on February 04, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.