Feels Like New Year's Eve Without Firecrackers

At exactly 12am, I prepared my laundry. I prefer to do the laundry at dawn because it's colder and it's darker. The washing machine is at the third floor rooftop terrace. People could see me when I wash clothes or tend my garden. My plants are too small to camouflage me. I hate when people watch me while I do something. There's no other option where to place the washing machine. Our house has been split into half so we have to maximize our place.

I had to  postpone the laundry because when I went out at the terrace, I could see people going out at their houses, running to and fro, laughing so loud welcoming the special day of our barangay. It's our fiesta day. It feels like new year's eve minus the firecrackers and fireworks. Children play around while parents prepping stuff they would cook in the morning for the visitors. 

Typical barangay fiesta here includes abundant food, Ms. Gay contest, band parade and statue parade (I don't know what to call that parade where they drive a carousel which contains statue of Jesus and crosses while people hold candles - I'm not a Catholic so I don't have a clue.)

I waited for the bums to go somewhere else but they chose to stay where I think they could see me. I gave up at 3am.

~ Rockbleeder
Feels Like New Year's Eve Without Firecrackers Feels Like New Year's Eve Without Firecrackers Reviewed by Anonymous on September 29, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.