Follow by Email

Open Manholes Are Seriously Dangerous

Thursday, January 24, 2013


This is an open manhole seen infront of (near) Schenker Philippines, Inc. at Sucat, ParaƱaque City, Philippines. It was December 2011 when I and my husband encountered this manhole while riding in my husband's motorcycle. The time we passed on the manhole, he exclaimed, "Ooops, have you seen that? It's an open manhole!" 



I was clueless because I was at the back and didn't see it. I didn't believe him. I told him maybe it wasn't open and he was just hallucinating. The road and the nearby buildings and even the part of Skyway near it were so dark. The streetlights were not enough to light the area considering the fact that there was an open manhole and we were only riding a Yamaha Nouvo Z which has wheels that can fit inside the manhole. I shivered thinking what might have happened if my husband didn't notice the manhole. I was panicking but I didn't let my husband know about it. He then turned the motorcycle around and stopped on the sidewalk near the manhole. He let me bring the camera out and told me to take photos of it.




We reported it to MMDA (Metro Manila Development Authority) Facebook fanpage but they told us to report it to DPWH. The week after the incident, we still noticed the manhole like what we saw before. The next week after, when we went to Manila, I was so grateful because the manhole was already covered and firmly closed. I hope they won't steal the cover again - that was some saying, some undisciplined people steal manhole covers and sell them to junkshop.

widgets
2 Comments
Disqus
Fb Comments
Comments :

2 comments

  1. They steal the manhole covers here too. They steal everything here. It's really gotten terrible in this poor economy. Thieves are everywhere and they don't care if someone kills themselves driving into a manhole. Shame one them.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it's only here in the Philippines. That's a terrible news. People sometimes are so desperate.

    Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Rockbleeder
Hi! I'm Rockbleeder.  I'm a poet, a blogger and a rocker. I love capturing sunsets, towers, clouds and flowers. Cute puppies, pastel stuff, fries, burgers, Coke Float, sundaes, pizza, big black shirts, ripped and studded jeans, black accessories give me bliss. My hobbies are: listening to sad rock music, watching TV series like The Walking Dead, Lost, Terra Nova, Hawaii Five-0, Burn Notice, Suits, Psych, Kyle XY and Chuck, doing movie marathon of great movies especially action ones, playing Plants vs Zombies, recycling and DIY-ing old clothes, used Soda plastic bottles, old cans and magazines and writing poems. Welcome to my life.
 photo myspace.png  photo rebelmouseiconrockbleeder.png
 

Most Popular Posts

Like Our Page

JOIN ME ON STAREE

Autosurf
AutoSurf Traffic Exchange: Powerful Results with SEO tips | 10KHits - 10KHits provides quality traffic hits to your personal or business websites.