Washers 10 pieces is enough (you can buy them in Hardwares or in Computer & Computer Parts Stores)
Satin Ribbon approximately 1 yard (you can buy them in Fabric Stores or in Bookstores)
*The more washers you want to put, the longer the ribbon.
The washers I used came from my husband's toolbox. He is an internet cafe specialist and we own an internet shop so we have some spare washers. Since my husband doesn't want to use those scattered washers in his toolbox anymore, I made this necklace to make them useful.
- Get a washer and thread it onto the ribbon. Leave a 12 inches of the ribbon then fold it.
- Grab another washer then insert it to the 2 folds of ribbon.
- Pull the upper half fold of the ribbon.
- Then spread the folds like what you see below.
- Pull the longer ribbon and insert it to the vacant hole of the second washer.
- Pull the ribbon and spread it to the right.
- Get the third washer then insert it to the other half of the ribbon. *All washers are added on the right side.
- Pull the ribbon and fold downward and insert to the second washer's hole then pull.
- Repeat the steps until you finish it off.
*This is my finish product:
You can buy this kind of necklace online for $10-$20 but you can make your own for less than $1. What do you think? Isn't it cool? Try yours now! :)
Ribbon and Washers Necklace